[mythtv-users] 0.26-fixes: HDHR no longer recording?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 12:19:01 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 11:01 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 03/07/2013 09:09 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:

>>> Restart the backend.
>>>
>>> --logpath /any/writable/directory will produce 'per run' files with lines
>>> like:
>>>
>>>      2013-03-07 08:53:37.600398 I [4335/4356] Scheduler
>>> scheduler.cpp:2138
>>> (HandleReschedule) - Reschedule ...
>>>
>>> and filenames like mythbackend.20130307123400.106.log. The timestamp in
>>> the
>>> file *name* will
>>> be in UTC. The log entries will be in local time (with usec timestamps.)
>>>
>>> Remember, the logging options are passed 'down' to every program that the
>>> backend
>>> starts. So, you'll be seeing mythAnything.2013.........log files. In
>>> other
>>> words
>>> keep an eye on /var/log/mythtv. That said, --logpath is the only form of
>>> logging
>>> that I use.
>>
>> my current launch line is
>>
>>   /usr/bin/mythbackend -v general,channel,record --logpath
>> /var/log/mythtv/ --syslog local7 --loglevel info --user mythtv
>>
>> so that should take care of it, correct?
>>

> that still has --syslog in it...
>
> Mike

I realize the two methods log different information. I've looked
through the Wiki, but either it does not really explain the
difference, or I'm just not searching for the correct terms to find
this information.
So, some questions...
1) --syslog and --logpath(* and it's corresponding settings) cannot be
used at the same time?

2)--logpath (*) should be used for more detailed logs and --syslog for
more general logging?

3) is there a -v level that corresponds to the output for various the
syslog levels?

currently both are set to log to the same location, however only the
"syslog" seems to appear. This would make me think the answer to 1 is
no and that syslog "trumps" the logpath output.

Thanks for the help everyone!

As I look into this issue more it's beginning to look like the
recordings may actually be made but are being deleted very quickly
(perhaps being placed in the LivetTV group?) so I've got some digging
to do =P

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!