[mythtv-users] Android stick, HDMI interface, claims to do 1080p, $36

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Fri Mar 8 05:52:03 UTC 2013

>  If only AMD would get off the asses and write a decent driver/API ?
>>

> Er, use an existing decent API.  http://xkcd.com/927/

Indeed... I almost said "If only AMD would get off their asses and support
VDPAU"  But thought I would get flamed for suggesting that ATI adapt an API
that NVIDIA developed. I suppose I could have said VAAPI... but then the
flames would have simply said Intel... so, while it would be wonderful for
them all to come together and us a single API (ala DirectX), the more
likely scenario is that they will write their own.