[mythtv-users] 0.26-fixes: HDHR no longer recording?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 14:24:39 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 11:18 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 03/05/2013 12:20 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
>>
>> It looks as though for some reason our HDHR device has decided to stop
>> recording, or all the recordings are almost immediately deteleted. It
>> was working fine, but lately we noticed a lot of missed recordings, or
>> recordings that are being deleted extremely quickly (possibly because
>> they are 0-byte?).
>>
>> Anyway, looking through the log for one such recording there are some
>> things I don't understand, but could be tied to what's happening,
>>
>> so what stands out to me is:
>> this occurs a bunch,
>> Mar  3 18:58:20 MythCenter mythlogserver: mythbackend[18827]: E
>> ProcessRequest programinfo.cpp:2284 (GetPlaybackURL)
>> ProgramInfo(2402_20130304025800.mpg): GetPlaybackURL:
>> '2402_20130304025800.mpg' should be local, but it can not be found.
>> why is this file not local and not found? does this mean Myth was not
>> receiving data to create the file, or that for some reason this
>> recording it was unable to but other recordings it is?
>

> It simply means the file isn't there.  In those cases because it hadn't
> finished tuning.
>

>> it then goes through a bunch of stuff that looks like things are ok?
>

> Yes, they are.
>

>> but at the end it shows this:
>> Mar  3 18:58:30 MythCenter mythlogserver: mythbackend[18827]: I
>> TVRecEvent tv_rec.cpp:1519 (HandlePendingRecordings) TVRec(8):
>> Deleting stale pending recording 11 '60 Minutes'
>> which makes me think something failed along the way, but I can't tell
>> what?
>

> Sounds like the MythTV never gets any data from the card, so it eventually
> gives up?
>
> Time for a rescan?
>

>> anyone have any idea what's going on?
>> thanks!
>>
>> Full log paste below (with -v general,channel,record):
>

> For the future, please see http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Posting_Logs and,
> specifically, http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Posting_Logs#Why_bother.3F (it was
> annoying having to reformat the logs so they were readable)... Not to
> mention using real logs (with micro- or at least millisecond
> resolution)--not syslog logs with only per-second time stamps--would be
> better (that way I could tell you exactly when it got the good signal from
> the signal monitor and finished tuning, or pointed out other important
> events).

I believe LiveTV tunes fine. I'll verify.

I don't see how to produce said "micro" or "millisecond" resolution
logs? Is there a setting change to how I have to run mythbackend to do
this? currently the command being run is:
 /usr/bin/mythbackend -v general,channel,record --logpath
/var/log/mythtv/ --syslog local7 --loglevel info --user mythtv

I've got pastebinit installed and can run some tests to obtain the log
outputs. Please let me know how to get the higher resolution logs.

thanks for the help!!

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!