[mythtv-users] ZoneMinder plug in incompatible with network triggers

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Mar 6 18:20:38 UTC 2013

On 02/26/2013 09:35 PM, David Smoot wrote:

> Well it appears that this entire issue was operator error and caused by
> me.  If I had just used the default Ubuntu versions everything would
> have worked but I was trying to follow directions that I did not know
> were out of date.
>
> I compiled zone minder from source with the shared memory flag enabled
> and installed and that apparently created the issue I was having with
> Zmtrigger.  When I did a "sudo make uninstall" from the zone minder
> source directory and removed some leftover files by hand, then the
> Ubuntu versions installed and worked fine.
>
> Thanks for your help.  Now to learn a bit more about zone minder and
> integrate it with my Vera home automation system.

David

While it is fresh in your mind, please amend the wiki to point out what
has changed in the new version and exactly what you did to get things
working.
If you can add instructions about your home automation system, so much
the better. (And good luck there.. I have been thinking about some
Z-Wave automation additions at my house).

Besides helping the rest of us, it is a great way to package your *own*
notes of what you did, so you can fix / re-create it later!

Geoff

--
              R. Geoffrey Newbury