[mythtv-users] Commercial Flagging (UK, DVB-T)

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Tue Mar 5 16:50:53 UTC 2013

On Tue, 05 Mar 2013 10:20:38 -0000, <phipps-hutton at sky.com> wrote:

> I get a segfualt at the end that is fixed with this patch:

Good spot. What logging are you using? Have you tweaked it further? And
how did you detect this ?
It occurs on the last line and doesn't affect functionality but I'm
concerned that I don't see any indication of this on my system, even
though it must be segfaulting every time.

> I've not used this very long but is it waiting for the next set of
> silences before recording the last advert break? It just seems to take
> longer to record a break than I was expecting.

It does. On a typical programme, this design will only flag the 1st advert
when it reaches the 2nd. It seemed elegant when only comflagging completed
recordings, which is what I did until a couple of days ago.
I rarely watch in-progress recordings and only tacked this on as a result
of our recent discussions. So it is currently rubbish at flagging
in-progress recordings!
I'm currently re-designing it to work effectively - v2 ETA ~1 week.

Moreover, I noticed yesterday that a comflagging job still doesn't flag a
programme that you're watching (for my shoddy testing I only ran the
script manually). I was hoping to get v2 out before anyone noticed, but
the fix for that is to change silence.py #156 to:

     # player update message needs prog id (with time in Qt::ISODate format)
     progId = str(chanid) + '_' + str(starttime).replace(' ','T')