[mythtv-users] MythTV problems with 3.7.x and 3.8.x kernel

Neil Salstrom salstrom at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 06:17:52 UTC 2013

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 6:52 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> Pretty sure MythTV's use of optical devices is done directly with libdvdnav,
> so try out other projects that use dvdnav.  I think we're using the mplayer
> "fork" (resurrection?) of libdvdnav.  If you have the problem there, then
> contact the libdvdnav folks.
>
> Mike

Not sure why it's happening but I've been working with one of the
kernel devs about this issue.  Last I heard he was pretty stumped but
did see some odd things in the logs I sent him that prompted further
review.

I have found a solution (well, a work around) for this issue.  I've
discovered that a lo mtu size greater than 32872 causes the problem.
By default the 3.7+ kernel has a lo mtu of 65536.  I've added the
following to my rc.local which reduces the mtu:

ifconfig lo mtu 16436

I'm running 3.8.2 with no issues now...