[mythtv-users] mythlogserver multiple copies high cpu

David Farmer remrafevad at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 06:43:28 UTC 2013

I have been having this as an ongoing problem since I installed MythTV
0.26 on an Arch Linux x86_64 box. There is a current bug report
<http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11230> (ticket #11230) but it's
priority is marked at low, I'm hoping that this could possibly change!
Trouble is, I don't know how to reproduce it. As the subject says, I get
multiple copies of mythlogserver and they smash the cpu at a combined
total of almost 100% for each core.

My typical MythTV usage is to have it wake itself, record a program and
then use a HandBrakeCLI user job to transcode this, and finally shut
itself down. Typically a 2 hour SD recording takes 2 hours to transcode
using my settings, and a 2 hour HD takes about 6 hours. But since 0.26 I
get up in the morning and the the user jobs aren't finished and there
are around 4 copies of mythlogserver all running, using so much cpu that
HandBrakeCLI only used 0.3%. But the worst example was a few days ago, I
had 14 instances all at the same time.