[mythtv-users] DVB-S2 card failing to display channels

Jeffrey Ratcliffe jeffrey.ratcliffe at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 22:50:26 UTC 2013

On 1 March 2013 01:17, Chris Lewis <chrislewis915 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Silly question but have u set up the lnb in myth?

Not a silly question at all. And I hadn't.

Mostly, I wasn't getting the DiSEqC button, as MythTV couldn't query
the card, and even on the unreproducible occasion that it appeared, I
couldn't see how to get past the "unconnected" option[1].

The user I was running mythtv-setup under seemed to be in the
appropriate group for the /dev/dvb/adapterX devices, but I retried
with sudo, and lo and behold, got the DiSEqC, worked out how to set up
the LNB, and was able to scan for channels.

This has taken me to two new problems, but that is probably a matter
for another thread.

Thanks!

Jeff

[1] http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:Setting_up_DVB-S_for_satellite#DiSEqC_LNB