[mythtv-users] Video is behind audio, dropping frames to catch up (VDPAU, HD content)

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Fri Mar 1 19:40:02 UTC 2013

On 01/03/2013 14:25, Mike Perkins wrote:
> On 01/03/13 11:51, Paul Gardiner wrote:
>> On 28/02/2013 15:39, Mike Perkins wrote:
>>> My current front end is one of these:
>>>
>>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131663
>>
>> Is there a world shortage of ION boards? I'm struggling to find
>> anywhere in the UK selling them, or anywhere else for that matter.
>>
> It would seem so. I referenced the newegg site but actually bought mine
> from mini-itx.com (UK). My board is no longer there. There is an ION2
> board still on their website here:
>
> http://www.mini-itx.com/store/~JNC98-525

I think I might wait to see if yours comes back in stock. I've always
done reasonably well with ASUS, and I'd also like to have spdif as
a back connector in case I have trouble with HDMI audio.

Any feeling how good the hq scaler is? Mu ION1 doesn't support it,
and my TV gives very-clearly-visible better results when it does
the scaling.

P.