[mythtv-users] HD playback does not work well

Marius Bjørnstad pmb at fa2k.net
Fri Mar 1 00:05:06 UTC 2013

On 24/02/13 14:28, Marius Bjørnstad wrote:
> I have some trouble watching HD channels encoded in H.264, from
> DVB2. The video frequently starts going in slow motion, and after a few
> seconds it skips to the right position.

I installed the proprietary AMD driver and the desktop is much faster.
so it's a great performance improvement. Mythfrontend crashes when I
open any TV show with the OpenGL or VAAPI settings. (I just built it
from source to try again, still crashes). When I choose xv-blit, it
works completely  fine for standard def. HD looks great, but I think
there is some distortion when the interlacing mode changes. Not an
issue. The problem is that mythfrontend crashes when I exit playback of
HD shows. I'd be really happy if someone could help with the crashes,
but anyway it's great to be able to watch HD without any stuttering or
other trouble.

Marius