[mythtv-users] Full screen

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Jun 30 22:15:09 UTC 2013

On 30/06/13 22:30, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 6/30/2013 5:01 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
>> I mostly run the frontend in a window on my monitor, DISPLAY=:0.0
>>
>> This puts it onto the TV.  Fedora, 0.26-fixes, but it may still be
>> usable.
>>
>> #!/bin/bash
>> # Run MythTV front end on display 1
>> # For Panasonic TX-L32E5B HDMI1 via DVI-I adapter
>> # This is for use if Overscan is OFF
>> #
>> # It seems that that requires _both_
>> #  that the TV overscan is OFF
>> #  and that the TV aspect ratio is set to [16:9]
>> #  If aspect ratio is AUTO it seems that Overscan is ON
>> #
>> #
>> export DISPLAY=:0.1
>> mythfrontend --geometry 1920x1080+0+0
>
> Please do not do this. Run some sort of window manager. Mythbuntu
> defaults to Xfce. Lighter ones are things like fluxbox, e16, evilwm, or
> ratpoison. The lighter ones are only going to eat about a megabyte of
> memory, and nearly no CPU. There's no reason not to run it, and there
> are good reasons to run it.

I'm not clear what's wrong.  I have kde on my monitor, running a
desktop, and this shifts mythfrontend to the tv. The two screens are
accessible at the same time.  I'd like a less clunky approach but in
general it does what I want.  I can see that there would be problems if
I had only the one screen, of course.