[mythtv-users] Comcast Basic Cable Encryption

Tom Bongiorno two.bits.11 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 11:22:25 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 10:47 PM, Peter Bennett (cats22) <cats22 at comcast.net
> wrote:

>  On 06/27/2013 10:00 PM, Joseph DeGraw wrote:
>

> If I can add to this post:
>
> I have been using a ceton card for about 3 months now or so. I made a jump
> from Directv to comcast. I had no trouble whatsoever setting up the card
> and installing the drivers. I did a clean install of .25 and upgraded to
> .26 .
>
> After calling comcast to have them activate my card I was pretty much up
> and flying. So far since I have owned the card I have had no problems whatsoever.
> Now, I have 4 tuners on one card.
>
> Therefore, From my experience - I say get the ceton card. It really does
> a nice job.
>
> coffee.
>
>  Are you using the USB or PCI Express Ceton?  I will need the USB since I
> do not have a spare PCI Express slot.
>
> Peter

My Ceton PCIe card is the BEST tuner I have ever owned.  It is so reliable,
and I never have to worry about changing frequencies.  There is a network
attached version, but you would be a little bleeding edge.  My guess is
that it will work out of the box, but nobody has tried.  That being said,
the USB version is almost always cheaper on the used and new markets.

-Tom