[mythtv-users] SBS Brisbane DVB-T frequency change

Bob Long bob at oblong.com.au
Fri Jun 28 09:21:50 UTC 2013

rossco at whyza.net wrote,

> hope this helps others.
>
> Yesterday SBS in Brisbane Australia transmitting from Mt-Cootha changed
> from transmitting on frequency 585.626 MHz to 184.5 MHz

Yes. I'd accidentally seen a commercial on TV (I'm using MythTV, after
all!) talking about the retune, and looked at
http://retune.digitalready.gov.au/. It's pretty useless... "On or after
Thursday 27 June 2013"? How is that meant to mean anything?

It seems we were expected to just wait until reception failed and then
retune. I tested yesterday and could not get SBS; rescanned, and then it
worked.

I wonder if other channels are yet to change?

--
Bob Long