[mythtv-users] Best upgrade path from 0.23 on Karmic 9.10

Rod Roark rod at sunsetsystems.com
Wed Jun 26 23:35:52 UTC 2013

In-place upgrades of Ubuntu are generally not recommended.  When I
allocate a hard drive for a server I'll reserve an extra partition to be
root for the next release.  Then when the time comes I can do a fresh
install of the new release while keeping the option to boot the old
release.  Also that leaves all your configuration files on the old root
partition, much of which can be copied over as-is to the new one.
Copying your MythTV database over will be an additional step, not
difficult if you follow directions according to the old and new versions
of MySQL.

And as I learned, it's best if you use the same hostname. :)

Rod