[mythtv-users] Mythbackend does not bind to IP addresses of interfaces without carrier

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Jun 26 12:46:42 UTC 2013

On Jun 26, 2013, at 7:54, Florian Evers <florian-evers at gmx.de> wrote:

> To repeat, the affected interface is "UP" (bot has NO-CARRIER), the IP-address
> is set, and this IP address can be bound to without any problems. Other
> deamons are able to bind to this IP address as well. Why does mythbackend
> refuse to bind as well?

That's not exactly what is going on.  Other applications bind globally to a port.  MythTV binds to specific addresses, and your machine does not have that address until the interface is brought up by connecting the ethernet cable.  I've got a modification I'm going to commit that will have MythTV periodically rescan for changes in connectivity, and re-bind accordingly, however these changes will not be in until 0.27.