[mythtv-users] Easiest way to find NBC on Comcast QAM

scram69 scram69 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 02:59:31 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 10:41 PM, <boehm100 at comcast.net> wrote:

> scram69 -- I'd be intersted in hearing more on your method.  I've tried to
> do this in the past but could not determine were and how to edit the db
> manually.

The channel table contains a field called "mplexid" - using phpmyadmin, you
need to scroll all the way to the right to see it.  The value in that field
is the first value in the dtv_multiplex table.

I typically use a HDHR scan cross-referenced with the silicon dust channels
page to determine the frequency of the channel I wish to tune.  If the
frequency is not already in the dtv_multiplex table, you can change one of
the unused frequencies, or add a new entry with phpmyadmin.

Monkeypet - I believe the syntax is hdhomerun_config scan /tuner0
frequencies.txt  For what it's worth, the scan lists cable channel 79 as
555000000, although in my end of the bay area, Comcast puts KNTV on channel
58...

That said, I developed this process way back when the mythtv-setup scan was
basically useless for QAM.  It sounds like that function has been improved-