[mythtv-users] Recording conflicts not detected

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jun 25 17:38:49 UTC 2013

On 06/25/2013 01:15 PM, Rod Roark wrote:
> I'm running 0.26/fixes compiled on June 15, on an Ubuntu server that has
> been upgraded from the pre-built 0.23.1 for Ubuntu.  Using a PVR-350
> attached to a DirecTV SD receiver and also a HDHomeRun attached to an
> outdoor antenna.  Concurrently with the MythTV upgrade I upgraded Ubuntu
> from 10.04 to 12.04, and there was also a change to the hostname.  I
> think all that was dealt with effectively, but could have missed something.
>
> I'm finding that I can schedule conflicting recordings on the PVR-350
> and the backend attempts to record them, with obviously unsatisfactory
> results.  Any suggestions for tracking this down?  I can make source
> changes and recompile if necessary.

I'd recommend "Delete all capture cards" (not "Delete all capture cards
on <hostname>") and then reconfiguring.  Or, to be certain you have
things properly configured, do both "Delete all capture cards" and
"Delete all video sources" and then reconfigure.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034

Mike