[mythtv-users] Easiest way to find NBC on Comcast QAM

Monkey Pet monkeypet at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 02:09:02 UTC 2013

Hi all, I am hooked up to Comcast Cable using a HD Homerun Tuner and
scanning using QAM.  I have the channel lineup that I want.  The only thing
is that I want to find one specific channel.  The channel is NBC (11.1).
 Unfortunately, the first time I scanned NBC wasn't available.  Now a few
months later, Comcast changed the lineup, so that NBC is now available.  My
other TVs are now getting NBC.  I only want to find this new channel
without resetting my channel lineup.  How do that the easiest/fastest way?

My thoughts:
1. Nuke the channel lineup, rescan and repopulate the channel lineup along
with redoing the xml matching etc.  This is the most work and would truly
suck.

2. Use the sctescan utility and attempt to rescan finding the channel, then
manually insert into the db.

3. Undo my invisible channels and manually walk through all the channels
and find the missing station.  This would suck since there are many many
channels.

Any other thoughts?