[mythtv-users] Clear screensaver

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Jun 24 10:42:06 UTC 2013

On 6/24/2013 4:51 AM, Mike Perkins wrote:
> On 24/06/13 08:38, Phil Wild wrote:
>> I was thinking about the shift key (as it does nothing) but I don't
>> think I
>> can just send a shift key over lirc.
> Your Harmony One remote has a shift key? Interesting...

No.  He wants to map some arbitrary key from his remote, using LIRC, to
the shift key on his system.  As far as I know, that's not possible.  I
believe lircrc format only allows shift keys to be used as a modifier,
and not a primary key on its own.

Also note that LIRC only ever maps events to keyboard presses if you're
running irxevent in the background.  MythTV only uses keyboard keys for
convenience.  It does not actually send signals it receives from LIRC
back out to the rest of the system.