[mythtv-users] Gentoo update and now no TED talks SOLVED

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sat Jun 22 22:38:48 UTC 2013

> Hi Robin!
>
> I am on Gentoo stable and also recently lost the TED talks.  I had not
> taken the time to look into it.  I emerge world pretty much every day.

Hi Dave

Well, its 0158-Rewrite-of-StreamingRingBuffer-safe_read.patch that causes
the problem. Commit [6d1ee08].

I extracted it from
mythtv-0.26.0-7150d64b6cf4d16ca0a0fd31d872ad2ba8dd0589.tar.xz and ran it
through interdiff to invert the patch (saves having to mess with digest
files etc)

interdiff 0158-Rewrite-of-StreamingRingBuffer-safe_read.patch /dev/null >
0158-Rewrite-of-StreamingRingBuffer-safe_read_reversed.patch

and put the result in /etc/portage/patches/media-tv/mythtv so it was
applied after the standard patchset and now I have TED talks back again :)

--
Robin Gilks