[mythtv-users] Hauppauge Nova TD Dual Stick - Infra Red input generates spurious cr*pola!!

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Tue Jun 18 18:53:29 UTC 2013

On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 16:34:11 +0100, Another Sillyname
<anothersname at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 17 June 2013 05:47, Another Sillyname <anothersname at googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>> I've read the wiki where it talks about firmware 1.2 and
>> disable_rc_polling to get rid of the spurious generation of keypresses
>> that this devices RC input randomly generates.....
>>
>> I'm using firmware 1.2 and disable_rc_polling turns off ALL infra red
>> input, not just the spurious unwanted stuff.
>>
>> Does anyone on the list use any of the Hauppauge products known to
>> have this 'feature' and if so could you let me know what you did to be
>> able to either eliminate or at least minimise it.
>>
> Anyone?

I've used a Hauppauge Nova TD remote for 6 years but have neither had (nor
heard of) problems with the remote/IR. The tuner itself is another issue!
The only time I notice spurious keypresses is when the remote batteries
run down.

Are you sure it's the IR and not interference (IR or cables) or a device
conflict ? Nothing else to offer I'm afraid...