[mythtv-users] Help getting SPDIF optical out to work

Joseph DeGraw coffee412 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 17 22:36:53 UTC 2013

On 06/17/2013 06:18 PM, John Nissley wrote:
> card 1: ICE1724 [ICEnsemble ICE1724], device 1: ICE1724 IEC958
> [ICE1724 IEC958]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

IEC958 - I do believe this is your SPDIF out. Install the pulse audio
sound control if you havent already and test it out. For me, I run HDMI
out to my Onkyo 605 receiver and it takes the sound from there off my
nvidia based sound card. It appears you have HDMI ports available for
that too.

Im running mythbuntu and there is a 'wizard' in it to configure the
sound. I found it most helpful. Perhaps its something that can be
installed in fedora. I dont know. But just using pulse audio volume
control (configuration tab) should do the trick.

coffee412