[mythtv-users] Custom Schedules Grouping

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 19:17:28 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> On 06/17/2013 03:01 PM, John P Poet wrote:
>
>  On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 12:19 PM, Brian Frost wrote:
>>
>>  Thanks for the help -- looks like Recording Groups (
>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/**Recording_groups<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Recording_groups>)
>>> is what I was looking for.
>>>
>>>  Depending on which theme you are using, the available recording groups
>> will
>> be displayed on the "Watch Recordings" screen, and you can move from one
>> group to the next or previous by hitting the FF and Rew keys on your
>> remote.
>>

> Are you sure this is theme dependent and not determined by whether or not
> you've enabled showing "Recording Groups" in MENU|Change Group View?

Unless I am confused about which 'group' we are talking about, there are
two ways to see them.  Checking the "Show Recording Groups" box in
Menu->Change Group View, will display them as part of the list of available
recordings -- but you can also see them in their own list with a theme like
Steppes regardless of that setting.

John