[mythtv-users] 0.26 Merging channels and deciding which tuner will record

Tim Kluger clueo8 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 19:50:27 UTC 2013

My current setup has 2 tuners defined in this order:
HDHomeRun ATSC/clearQAM (2 tunes and 2 virtual tuners for multiplex
recordings)
HDHomeRun Prime (3 tuners)

I have each tuner tied to separate sources, only the Prime source receives
guide content, not the clearQAM.

I attempted to merge the common channels (local stations, NBC, ABS, CBS,
etc) of the clearQAM, for example 126-2, with the Prime's channel (example
515), by setting the channum and callsign on the clearQAM channel to be the
same as the one on the prime; I've done this either through MythWeb or
straight in the DB.  In the EPG, I noticed that now the station says "NO
DATA" because its probably seeing the clearQAM channel first, so I set
visibility on the clearQAM's channel to none and then I can see guide info
for that station now, so all seems well.

I then try to forge that channel to record on the clearQAM tuner by setting
a single recording with "Preferred Input" set to one of my clearQAM
tuners.  It will not record on that tuner no matter what I do.  It either
doesn't record at all, or starts recording on the Prime's first tuner when
I check it on the Status page.