[mythtv-users] Program Guide Unknown

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jun 13 13:57:08 UTC 2013

On 06/12/2013 06:13 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> Thanks this helped a lot. I ended up manually editing the channels in
> the back end with name, call sign and XMLID, from schedules direct.
> Listings are slowly migrating in now. Thanks again.

Note that doing so may have left garbage in your database (like shadow
channels) that will cause problems later.  The system may seem to be
working properly, now, and could--at any time in the future--stop
recording or have some percentage of recordings fail due to garbage left
over from improperly configuring your database.

I /still/ recommend "Delete all video sources" so that you know your
configuration is good.

Mike