[mythtv-users] Lost recordings - visible via UPnP client but not mythweb/mythtv frontend

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Jun 13 12:05:07 UTC 2013

On Jun 13, 2013, at 6:09, adrinux <adrinux at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, June 11, 2013, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>
>> There's a setting in frontend General settings that allows you to specify how long after deletion to the Deleted recording group MythTV should wait before removing the file and metadata.
>
> Mine was set to 0, which means between 5 and 20 minutes apparently.  I guess that one recording deletion must have glitched.

Setting it to 0 basically means the autoexpire thread should pick it up the next time it runs.  That means every 15 minutes, at minimum, or more frequently if you are actively recording.

> Thanks for he explanation and help Michael. Still astounded I didn't know about this dispute having used Mythtv for several years.

The setting has been around for a long time, but was not made standard behavior until 0.25 (or 0.26, can't recall specifically).