[mythtv-users] first time setup/installation of xmltv

Robin Hill myth at robinhill.me.uk
Wed Jun 12 11:12:06 UTC 2013

On Wed Jun 12, 2013 at 11:43:53 +0100, Tim Draper wrote:

> On 11 June 2013 08:53, Tim Draper <veehexx at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm having issues trying to get XMLTV installed on my OpenSUSE 12.3
> > x64 based BE.
> > if it's needed at this point, I'm running git compiled fixes/0.26.
> >
> > Currently XMLTV is not installed, so I attempt to install from
> > repos...'zypper in xmltv'. it comes back saying nothing provides
> > perl-DateManip. Pretty sure it's installed already and confirmation
> > says it is - but it's "perl-Date-Manip" package. Following through the
> > manual install of xmltv:
> > http://docs.huihoo.com/mythtv/0.21.07/mythtv-HOWTO-singlehtml.html#ss5.2,
> > using CPAN also makes this error appear.
> >
> > Would it be safe to proceed with 'Solution 2: break
> > perl-xmltv-0.5.63-1.1.noarch by ignoring some of its dependencies', or
> > does it need to be a certain version of perl-DateManip? If so, how do
> > i go about getting this?
> >
> > The aim of this is to change from my EIT listing source, over to xmltv
> > (I'm in the UK) as I'm experiencing more issues with vague EIT data
> > causing mythtv to record programs i don't actually want!
>
> ... so I've gone with option 2; ignore dependencies.
> XMLTV seems to be installed and i have some grabber scripts, but not
> "tv_grab_uk_rt". i have infact  "tv_grab_uk_bleb" (being the most
> applicable to a UK grabber).

It doesn't look like the packman version (which is presumably the one
you're using) contains the RT script. Doing an RPM search would suggest
that an alternative RPM is:
    ftp://ftp.pbone.net/mirror/ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/repositories/home:/archie172/openSUSE_12.3/noarch/perl-XMLTV-0.5.63-4.1.noarch.rpm

Cheers,
    Robin
--
     ___