[mythtv-users] first time setup/installation of xmltv

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 10:43:53 UTC 2013

On 11 June 2013 08:53, Tim Draper <veehexx at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm having issues trying to get XMLTV installed on my OpenSUSE 12.3
> x64 based BE.
> if it's needed at this point, I'm running git compiled fixes/0.26.
>
> Currently XMLTV is not installed, so I attempt to install from
> repos...'zypper in xmltv'. it comes back saying nothing provides
> perl-DateManip. Pretty sure it's installed already and confirmation
> says it is - but it's "perl-Date-Manip" package. Following through the
> manual install of xmltv:
> http://docs.huihoo.com/mythtv/0.21.07/mythtv-HOWTO-singlehtml.html#ss5.2,
> using CPAN also makes this error appear.
>
> Would it be safe to proceed with 'Solution 2: break
> perl-xmltv-0.5.63-1.1.noarch by ignoring some of its dependencies', or
> does it need to be a certain version of perl-DateManip? If so, how do
> i go about getting this?
>
> The aim of this is to change from my EIT listing source, over to xmltv
> (I'm in the UK) as I'm experiencing more issues with vague EIT data
> causing mythtv to record programs i don't actually want!

... so I've gone with option 2; ignore dependencies.
XMLTV seems to be installed and i have some grabber scripts, but not
"tv_grab_uk_rt". i have infact  "tv_grab_uk_bleb" (being the most
applicable to a UK grabber).

Problem is, ITV doesnt allow bleb to hand out xml data (some licensing
issue) - and thats one of the main reasons i'm looking at moving away
from EIT; xmltv is more accurate/consistent in titles, and ITV is one
of the channels im having issues with.
Trying to find out how to get 'tv_grab_uk_rt' is being unfruitful, but
i'm seeing alot of conflicting info about the state of the entire xml
UK system; what works, what doesn't, reduced service, offline services
etc - it's confusing me!

what is *THE* XML feed to use for the UK freeview&freesat? am i stuck with bleb?
thanks again..