[mythtv-users] [Bulk] lossesscut Bug

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Tue Jun 11 12:40:29 UTC 2013

Anthony,
     Your luck is likely based on the what your OTG channels are
broadcasting. As the wiki states some HDHomerun users were not having
issues from specific stations while otherstation's recordings could not
use the scripts at all. An alternate scenariois that the failed
recording has some corruption. Mkvmerge does not have as much tolerance
for recording corruption as the MythTV player does.

     I have an HDPVR as my sole recording device and for the most part
LossLess Cut (mkvmerge) works great but when there is corruption in the
video it simply cannot handle it.If you playback that same recording in
MythTV you can often see/hear the video/audio corruption but playback
continues andaudio resyncs.Mkvmerge was chosen as it could handle x264
encoded videos (HDPVR) and re-merged cut points looked better than the
same cuts with ffmpeg. Unfortunitely each utility has its own drawbacks
and limitations.

I am glad that the majority of time you cansuccessfully use Lossless Cut
and hope that continues in the future.

Doug