[mythtv-users] mythfrontend monkeying with display

Leo Butler leo.butler at member.fsf.org
Mon Jun 10 16:41:43 UTC 2013

   >From mailnull  Mon Jun 10 15:53:09 2013
   Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 11:51:26 -0400
   From: "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>

   On 06/01/2013 03:42 PM, Leo Butler wrote:
   > Hi, I have a dedicated mythtv frontend which is configured to boot
   > into a "desktop" run by mythtv-user. The startup scripts run an xrandr
   > script to set the S-video output screen as below the lvds output
   > screen (which is a laptop screen), after which mythfrontend is
   > run. This worked fine for a few months, and I could even manually exit
   > the frontend and re-open it on the s-video screen, but after some
   > updates the frontend now resets the display settings on launch: it
   > disables the display on the laptop screen. What can I do to get the
   > frontend to play nice and stop monkeying with the display settings?
   >
   > xfce + ubuntu 12.04 + up-to-date mythfrontend.

   The only time mythfrontend will ever change the display settings is if
   you enable Xrandr by enabling:

   Separate video modes for GUI and TV playback
   Switch X Window video modes for TV. Requires "xrandr" support.

Mike, thanks for the note. I figured this was the case, and I disabled
this setting, but mythfrontend has continued to change the X
settings. Any idea why?

Leo