[mythtv-users] Debug EIT for some channels

Diego Rodriguez Gonzalez gran.diego at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 13:07:44 UTC 2013

El 10/06/13 11:59, Josu Lazkano escribió:
> 2013/6/10 Diego Rodriguez Gonzalez <gran.diego at gmail.com>:
>> Josu, let me guess. You mean tve1, tve2, clan TV, teledeporte and tve-hd, don't you?

> Hello Diego,
>
> yes, those channels never have complete EIT. And there are more
> channels like ETB1 and ETB2.
>
> Do you have same problem?
>
> Regards.
>
> --
> Josu Lazkano

I think you can assume quite confidently it's a broadcast glitch. At
home, not just MythTV box, but all my TVs (3 of them, different brands)
suffered it. Last time I've check at my father's house, his brand new 3D
LED TV didn't get EIT data for those channels. We get aerial TV from
different transmitters.

In my area (Asturias) we don't receive EITB1/2, so I can't help you on that.

I've switched from aerial to cable TV last week and the problem went
away. My cable tv provider broadcasts TV in DVB-T instead of DVB-C, so I
just had to re-scan channels in mythTV. Now I have EIT data flawlessly
for those channels.

I think your only option is to go ahead and configure xmltv.

Best regards.