[mythtv-users] libcec suport in MythTV for the pulse-eight usb-cec adapter

mythtv at phipps-hutton.freeserve.co.uk mythtv at phipps-hutton.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Jun 7 13:44:51 UTC 2013

Hi All,
I'm wondering if having mythfrontend operate the usb-cec device is the
right way to go. It does work apart from when the system wakes up from
suspend. XBMC has a message that comes from somewhere so it closed and
reopens the device file so I think they have the same sort of problem
with the device/driver.

I'm thinking that a small client to turn cec events into X keypresses
might be simpler. A bit like LIRC but for CEC instead of IR. Long term
a kernel driver could translate the button events into input events
like the current MCE remote does (with remapping like ir-keytable) but
for now a program run at X startup will do.

There already is a cec-client program for interactive use that may be
a good base to start from.

Any thoughts?