[mythtv-users] transcoding

jacek burghardt jaceksburghardt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 22:33:31 UTC 2013

Well setting it up to loss less allows to transcoding  to work and it
shrinks down the file. I guess I was wrong about transcoding as a way to
remove commercials. I had downloaded remove commercials script but it
states job did not return non zero check logs what is wrong
On Jun 6, 2013 4:00 PM, "Joseph Fry" <joe at thefrys.com> wrote:

>>> I am running mythtv on arch linux 0.26 git version. I can't get
transcoding to work.
>>> It fails and I don't see any logs. Is there a way to run it by hand and
see why it fails?
>>> Is there scrypt out there that will take recording and turn it into mkv
file with recording name.

>> Have a look at
>>
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Lossless_Cut
>>

> Unless I'm mistaken, Lossless_Cut doesn't transcode the recording...
which is why it's called "lossless"