[mythtv-users] decoding Swiss TV ?

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Thu Jun 6 20:29:48 UTC 2013

On 18/05/13 04:00, Per Jessen wrote:
> Per Jessen wrote:
>>> I am having trouble getting SwissTV decoded.  I have the smartcard,
>>> and a Viaaccess DVB CAM, the dish is pointed the right way (no
>>> problems
>>> watching SRinfo).  The setup worked with my old Nokia (RIP) 9902
>>> receiver, but sofar I have not had any success with getting it work
>>> with MythTV.
>>> I know that it is not up to MythTV to decode, so I was just wondering
>>> if anyone else has made this work?  I'm using a NetUP DVB-S2 PCIe
>>> card.
>> Okay, not many takers. I guess nobody uses MythTV to watch Swiss TV
>> :-(
>>
>> Maybe I should widen the topic a little - has anyone got decoding
>> working with a NetUP DVB-S2 PCIe card?  Other than picture/no picture,
>> are there any other indicators wrt decryption working or not?
> _Nobody_ has any hints or suggestions?

In Baselland my apartment came with unencrypted cable.
I used to MythTV that with 2x DVB-C cards, it was great.
But I still only understood the BBC ;)

Shouldn't your DVB-S card have a card-chip-thing to decrypt && decode the
channels?

I've not done it obviously (only DVB-T and DVB-C), but it's DVB ... do you
have channels scanned?
What happens when you try to watch a channel ?

Could it be a driver configuration thing ?

-kt