[mythtv-users] Lowest power HD frontend?

Dave Badia dbadia at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 15:23:22 UTC 2013

I have a Habey EPC-6568, I believe this meets all of the OP requirements
since:
- SFF
- fanless
- decodes 1080i with Advanced detinterlacing (on board nvidia chipset)
- Low power: 20w idle, 26w during video playback as measured from the
wall.  Cron to power off at night/restart in the am
- Low cost (~$250US with memory as I recall.  I netboot so no hard drive)
- Prebuilt (just add memory)

An added bonus is that it's built to run digital billboards so it's
durable.  I've had it out on my porch for 2 years in a cabinet with a small
ventilation hole and no fan.  I live in an area with very high humidity and
it routinely reaches 100F in the summer.

Its the best solution I could find a few years back, and from reading this
thread, still may be until new technology arrives.  The particular model I
bought is discontinued but I'm sure there's a new one now.

Dave