[mythtv-users] MythMusic crackling with usb audio out

Dave Badia dbadia at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 01:01:31 UTC 2013

I've been using MythMusic for some time without issue.  However I recently
added a usb dac (Micromega MYDAC) to my system and have connected it via
usb.  When I play my files (flac mostly) through the dac, I get a soft
crackling sound in the background.

I believe this is something within my myth setup as aplay and mpd both work
fine through the same usb output using the same ALSA device.   With aplay,
I converted the file to .wav and ran aplay -Dplughw:1,0 it.wav.  I even did
a blind a/b test with my wife and she can hear the crackling with myth vs
aplay as well.

I'm an running 26-fixes 3587b8240a5 on gentoo 3.6.11 and have attached my
log file with -v audio,general.

Anyone else out there using a usb output for audio?

Thanks
Dave