[mythtv-users] Lost recordings - visible via UPnP client but not mythweb/mythtv frontend

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jun 5 12:42:31 UTC 2013

On 06/05/2013 07:39 AM, adrinux wrote:
> Recently discovered nplayer.app for my iPad 2 which will play mythtv
> recordings without transcoding (sometimes the audio sync is bad, but
> can be adjusted). Handy. But it's made me realise I have a few
> recordings about that haven't been deleted and don't appear in the
> frontend.
>
> That is, they are listed via UPnP in nplayer and assuming the
> recording worked ok also play ok. BUT they don't appear in Mythweb's
> listing, or MythTV frontend listing of recordings. Clearly something
> has gone awry occasionally.
>
> The question is, what's the best way to identify these recordings? A
> quick visit to /var/lib/mythtv and sub folders shows the recordings
> but they all have nondescript file names. Any tips on figuring out
> which files are shown in the frontend vs which aren't?

Perhaps they're in the Deleted recording group?  See

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Why_aren.27t_my_new_recordings_showing_up_in_Watch_Recordings.3F

and try the Deleted recording group filter.

If not, please post the "Disk Usage Summary" from the backend status web
page (available via MythWeb).

Mike

Mike