[mythtv-users] 0.26 Transcoding causing Handbrake & mythexport to produce corrupt files

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Tue Jun 4 05:09:13 UTC 2013

I recently upgraded to v0.26.0-gbfd2408 from v0.26.0-27fa52d on Mythbuntu
12.04.2

mainly due to transcode not correctly updating the seek tables causing the
frontend to display recordings with approx 24hours of playback instead of
the correct values (mythcommflag --rebuild would correct it)

Now however any recording I transcode to remove the Commcerials can no
longer get exported either via mythexport or directly via Handbrake(both
linux & windows), both Handbrake and mythexport create corrupted files but
neither display any errors on creation. But the seek table is now correct
on the transcoded recordings :) and transcoded recordings playback without
errors via the frontend or over the network via VLC (windows).

But if I dont transcode I can mythexport or Handbrake successfully.

Can anyone confirm this so I can raise a bug?

Cheers,

Anthony