[mythtv-users] TWiT Live HLS channels and MythTV

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 21:52:36 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 12:32 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>wrote:

> changing channel in liveTV is a bit of a hit and miss.
> the new version I just committed in master is much more resistant
> thanks to the new recorders framework mythtv uses.

Look forward to trying it out.

If I remember the Input Connections screen right (not at home now) are
listing sources set per connection? or can it be overridden in the
playlist? The reason I ask is that different HLS sources can be in
different time zones. So what's the best way to set the listing for each
channel? And are there free xmltv sources in Europe or are they fee-based
like Schedules Direct?

And in a future-thinking question: is there any mechanism in the HLS
protocol for subscriptions, etc? I was talking to a CNN reporter once and
said I'd love to see a subscription version of CNN for cord-cutters like me
who are OTA users.