[mythtv-users] Original Air date missing, metadata lookup fails

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Jun 2 21:31:26 UTC 2013

On 06/01/2013 03:51 PM, Frank Feuerbacher wrote:
> I'm using 0.26+fixes.20130520.
>
> When I use mythlink.pl to create a filename with the original air date
> (using %oY format) I get a date of "0000". When I look at my Upcoming
> Recordings in mythweb I can see the expected Original Airdate values.
> But if I look at the Recorded Programs in mythweb, the Original
> Airdate is missing for my old movies (from TCM) but I do see them for
> MSNBC TV shows.
>
> I perform automatic metadata lookups and I can see that the metadata
> was found for my shows and the correct version was found (example:
> "Air Force" 1943).

Movies don't have original air dates--they don't "air", they "open" at
the box office.  ;)  Instead, they have "airdate", which should more
appropriately be called a "year of release."  The mythlink.pl script
doesn't provide access to it, but I would accept a patch that checks and
if originalairdate is null, it uses airdate in its place for %oy and %oY
(and, for bonus points, you could even ignore original airdate month and
day if they come right next to the %oy or %oY).  I'm guessing MythWeb
does something like that (though it doesn't have to worry about what to
do if the user tries to split up month/day/year parts of the
originalairdate :).

Mike