[mythtv-users] How much is too much CPU?

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sun Jun 2 03:07:21 UTC 2013

On 2013-05-31, at 9:08 AM, Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> wrote:

> At 10:56 PM +1000 5/31/13, Anthony Giggins wrote:
>> Mythexpress I haven't heard of that anyone have screamshots? I'm currently running mobilemyth which runs well and have torc also but this fails back to audio stream too readily compared to mobilemyth
>
> Don't have screen shots, but:
> https://github.com/MythTV-Clients/MythExpress

I'm the perpetrator of MythExpress. Sorry, I've been meaning to improve the landing on github with things like screenshots but never seem to find a spare sec.

MX's presentation is a lot like myth video in gallery view which I find very useful. With the time-based view of the myth FE it's easy to forget about shows after a few days go by but the gallery view helps me rediscover "lost" recordings. You can also get it to show you only unwatched recordings or ones with a bookmark or cutlist. It's a nice myth companion app for me so I put it out there in the hopes it would be the same for others. I have good intentions about continuing to improve it.

It's a bit of a pain to set up as it's based on nodejs which is still a little newish to be readily packaged. Another problem is it discovers your myth BE through bonjour and myth advertises itself using a subject that's longer than the spec allows. The node library barfs on this so you have to patch myth. I created, but haven't yet released, a python script that republishes myth's advertisements with a shorter subject so that would help you if you don't want to patch the backend.

- George