[mythtv-users] Failed with exit status 140

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Sat Jun 1 23:08:53 UTC 2013

(Continuing a thread started by Rich.West on April 15)

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 + mythtv-backend
2:0.26.0+fixes.20130530.bfd2408-0ubuntu0mythbuntu1

I get mythcommflag crashes.  The diagnostic is mythcommflag assert
failure: *** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/mythcommflag: invalid fastbin
entry (free): 0x00007f22ec0164b0 ***

This looks very much like the problem others experienced in April

<http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10201> describes the symptom I'm
seeing.  A couple of recent additions by Ubuntu users show that the
symptom is current.  But I think that the bug in trac is different.  For
one thing, the glibc patch described is already in Ubuntu's glibc (I
checked).  And the versions are much different.  A guru has closed the
trac entry.

I (well automation, with input from me) have created a new bug report
for the new bug: <https://bugs.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/+bug/1186626>