[mythtv-users] Lirc transmitters on kernel 3.8.x

Rajil Saraswat rajil.s at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 22:04:23 UTC 2013

Hi,

I had posted this on lirc mailing list but did not get any response.
Apoligies for going offtopic, but i am using lirc for mythtv so there is
some relevance :)

I am presently running a very old SuSe distribution (11.3) which has a
2.6.34 kernel. I have two lirc devices (mceusb driver),

#Bus 004 Device 002: ID 1784:0001 TopSeed Technology Corp.
#Bus 004 Device 003: ID 1784:0001 TopSeed Technology Corp.

which i use to control 4 set-top boxes. I am at present running two
separate lircd sessions to control these devices.

Maintaining such an old distro is becoming a pain and so i am considering
upgrading to gentoo with a kernel 3.8.13 and lirc 0.9.0. Since some of the
lirc functionality has now been moved in the kernel, I am not sure if i
still need to run two lircd session. Is it possible to control two devices
independently on a recent kernel (two transmitters on each device)?

Thanks