[mythtv-users] Change mythpreviewgen default output size

Zooka mythtv at fitzy.net
Mon Jul 29 19:22:49 UTC 2013

On 07/28/2013 01:41 PM, Craig Treleaven wrote:
> At 11:52 AM +1000 7/28/13, Zooka wrote:
>> Is it possible to change the default output size of mythpreviewgen? I
>> understand one can use the command line to create a certain size, but
>> the default (ie, when a recording is completed, or a bookmark added)
>> still reverts to 320x180.
>>
>> The purpose is to use this for a theme background when browsing
>> recordings, but when the preview is scaled from 320x180 to 1920x1080
>> it is obviously rather pixelated.
>
> See:
>
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/programs/mythpreviewgen/commandlineparser.cpp
>

> the --size parameter accepts two arguments but I'm not certain which is
> width and height.
>
> Craig

It's width x height, I have used the command line before.  But that's
not the problem, I wish to change the default size that mythpreviewgen
generates when a preview is made.

What I've done so far is remove all previews files, generate new ones
(using command line) at 1920x1080 - this looks great.  But the problem
lies when a new recording is made it will automatically generate the
preview at 320x180 which is much too small.

I thought about running a script to detect when a preview is too small
and recreate it, but this is supposed to be a theme for others to use
and you can't really expect people to setup hacks like that.

Thanks.