[mythtv-users] Use external script with options to provide video.

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Fri Jul 26 09:34:10 UTC 2013

On Thu, 25 Jul 2013 21:04:15 -0500, you wrote:

>On 25/07/13 10:13, Rob Davis wrote:

>>> You should be able to manipulate the Import Recorder to achieve that.
>>
>> The import recorder didn't allow me to run a script.  I can run the
>> script manually, and the import recorder will show it. What I'd like is
>> the import recorder to start and kill the script when the tuner is
>> accessed.
>>

>Does anyone know how to get input recorder to pause x seconds before
>searching for its file?  I have a script which reads the log files and
>fires up the script I need, and takes it down again when not needed, but
>it creates its file too late for MythTv to see.  If I append it to an
>existing file, then myth crashes.

Take a look at the events system.  You can run scripts from start and
stop recording events.  I have had this working to record from an FM
tuner, but recent changes in 0.26 have broken it and I have yet to get
around to fixing it.  The start recording event is a bit broken in
0.26 so far - it does not provide the directory for the recording
file.  Instead of a directory you get:

  GetPlaybackURL/UNABLE/TO/FIND/LOCAL/FILE/ON/<hostname>

So I had to search backwards in mythbackend.log to find the correct
location.  Here is the code I use (2007 is the channel.chanid for
recording from this device):

recording_dir=`tac $mythtvlogdir/mythbackend.log | grep -m 1
"TVRecEvent.*(TuningNewRecorder).*2007_" | sed -n "s/.*\x27

Contact me off list if you would like copies of my scripts as a basis
to work from - I do not want to make them generally available while
they are broken.