[mythtv-users] Court rules commercial-skipping in recordings covered under Fair Use

Richard Hulme peper03 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 25 14:10:09 UTC 2013

On 25/07/13 14:54, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 07/25/2013 05:52 AM, Richard Hulme wrote:
>> Myth currently ignores the prohibited user operation flags, which
>> allows the user a lot more freedom.
>
> Although, technically, it's probably more precise to say, "MythTV
> doesn't currently have code written to support prohibited user operation
> flags."  I'm pretty certain it wasn't a conscious decision to ignore
> them so much as no one wrote the code to support them.  :)

Er, yes.  Exactly.  Apathy wins every time :)

> That said, it sounds like the work you've put in on DVD support will
> significantly improve MythTV's DVD player--and it's great to have
> someone with such extensive understanding of the DVD specification
> working on it.  So, thanks.  :)

You're welcome :)  My understanding is very short of encyclopaedic but
it's only really because I've spent so much time working on the DVD
player that my understanding has got to the level it has.

I'm still amazed that anyone managed to reverse-engineer this stuff!
*That's* impressive.

Richard.