[mythtv-users] record at any time on channel <CHANNEL> is missing in master soon to be .27

jrh jharbestonus at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 15:26:12 UTC 2013

On Jul 24, 2013, at 10:35 AM, Bill Meek wrote:

> On 07/24/2013 09:27 AM, jrh wrote:
>> I am using mythfrontend, with the Mythcenter-wide v 1.7 theme.
>>
>> Will the 'this channel' be default to 'ON'? Or have an option to set it to default to ON? It is in the advanced settings for a recording which is normally hidden.
>
> You're probably using the Default template, which doesn't have "This Channel" set.
>
> You can either modify the Default template and set it there, or create a new
> template that has "This Channel" set and leave Default alone.
>
> Naturally, if you create a new template, then when creating a new rule, you'd
> have to specify the new template's name.
>
> --
> Bill

I can understand that. I think there is still something strange going on though.

I see an added layer of indirection regarding using the templates as opposed to having an additional choice in the schedule options. This can't be good for the WAF factor and non programming types of users.

Choosing 'Record at anytime on this channel' seems to me to be the simplest choice, unless there are a set of templates suitably named by default included.

Regarding using templates, I understand the default, however, I don't understand how one would use a template other than default when choosing to record a show from either the schedule, or the finder.

I did modify the default template to use the specified channel. Afterwards, I tried scheduling a show in mythweb by selecting a show in the schedule, and the 'This channel' selection wasn't checked.

Regards!