[mythtv-users] PHP update breaks MythWeb 0.26

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 19:51:47 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 5:59 AM, Thomas Börkel <thomas at boerkel.de> wrote:

> HI!
>
> OK, the setting change that fixed the MythWeb channel config page is
> "max_input_vars".
>
> I changed it from 1000 to 10000 and it worked again with PHP 5.4. I had
> the same on that other machine.

That was implemented in php 5.3.  I got burned by that one at my job
actually.  Several things pissed me off about that one.  They implemented
that with a default value of 1000.  As far as I can see, there was nothing
in the 5.2->5.3 upgrade notes about it.  Not only that, but it appears that
the default php.ini has no trace of any notes around this setting.  While
I'm at it, they don't allow any value (like 0 for example) to indicate an
"unlimited" setting...really???

When I ran into this, I was debugging with firebug/firephp, but exceeding
that value can't get picked up by those, and was only appearing in the
apache logs...seriously annoying.

Tom