[mythtv-users] HLS recorder and HTTP proxy

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 15:03:46 UTC 2013

On 20 July 2013 00:14, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
 first step is to make sure that all network access in MythTV can use a
> proxy which doesn't yet seem to be the case if my mythtv, firewall and proxy
> logs are to be believed and since they all align, there is no reason not to
> believe them.

well, they should.

All mythtv downloads are using Qt networking methods, and at the
beginning of each method it sets the proxy to what is defined in the
environment varible http_proxy (and if that one doesn't exist, it
checks HTTP_PROXY)

After a quick look, it looks like FFmpeg networking utilities do the same.

mythtv-setup uses the main myth downloading, and is also setup to use
the proxy if one is defined