[mythtv-users] TWiT Live HLS channels and MythTV

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 07:36:10 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 2:59 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 19 July 2013 15:19, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> > was still working yesterday...
> >
> > Will look for the new one...
> >
> > (usually take my iPad, download their app and play over AirPlay: this
> > gives the URL to their HLS stream... that's how I found most of them
>
> Ok..
>
> I've updated the list with a new working URL...
> Added about 20 new channels that I found in the process..
> There are plenty more to add, but most are in Arabic, and I can't even
> read the channel name :(

Wow, the list is getting longer. Thanks.

Notice that the BBC you found was the BBC World feed. Alas, the one that
worked for me for several weeks was the BBC News channel seen in the UK,
i.e. with their local Breakfast show and news specials for Royal events,
etc. The mother-in-law is an Anglophile so she really appreciated some of
the stuff I was recording as I was able to get the schedule with the UK
xmltv grabber. It appears BBC World doesn't show there as it's designed
for, well, the rest of the world. I was also able to temporarily get a CNN
feed, but that's gone now too. I'd actually pay if that one had some sort
of IPTV subscription. I'm OTA here in Toronto, so I'm missing my North
American 24-hr news channels.

Thanks so much for the expanded list. Have to check some more of these out.